Patrons, Friends & Sponsors
The aim and purpose of Dumfries Choral Society is, ‘by the study, practice and performance of good choral music, to foster an interest in it and to extend the love and appreciation of it in the community’. The Society is funded partly by member subscription, ticket sales and fundraising, but increasingly requires external funding to perform major works.
We are looking for support to enable us to continue to foster ‘good choral music’. The Society aims to reach a position where choir member subscriptions pay for rehearsal costs, and where Patron, Friend, and Sponsorship subscriptions and ticket sales cover concert costs.
Currently, our income is based on the following:
Ticket sales; Choir member subscriptions, which are £88 per annum; Patron subscriptions which are £100 per annum, with Joint Patrons £160 per annum; Friend subscriptions which are £25 per annum. In addition, Choir members undertake a number of fundraising activities each year.
However, the high costs of hiring venues, soloists and accompaniment mean there is always a shortfall in funding. Last season’s concerts cost just under £15,000. Sponsors could help in a number of ways to meet this shortfall.
|Support a Concert||£250|
|Support a Soloist||£200|
|Support the Programme||£160|
Other support – please get in touch with the Patrons’ Secretary to discuss your idea.
Acknowledge Sponsors’ support in its Concert Programmes, including the Sponsor’s logo.
- Provide Sponsors with a receipt for Tax purposes.
- Make available complimentary Concert Programmes and two tickets for the Christmas Concert.
- Host social activities to which Sponsors will be invited.
If you would like to discuss sponsorship further, please contact the Patrons’ Secretary using our Contact Form.
Patrons & Friends
You can help us by donating an annual subscription as follows:
|£100 per annum||£160 per annum||£25 per annum|
|£9 per month||£14 per month|
The value of your donation will be worth 25% more to the Society if you are a UK tax payer and willing to Gift Aid your donation. Dumfries Choral Society will:
- With permission, acknowledge Patron & Friends’ support in Concert Programmes
- Make a complimentary Concert Programme available for Patrons for each Concert
- Allocate a complimentary ticket for our Christmas Concert to Patrons
- Write to Patrons with Concert reminders, and post out Concert tickets to Patrons on receipt of a cheque
- Arrange social activities to which Patrons and Friends will be invited
If you are interested in becoming a Patron or Friend, please click the link below to download the application form:
If you would like further information on becoming a Patron or Friend, please contact the Patrons’ Secretary using our Contact Form